This article provides information on upgrading your GFI license key to the current version.
Upgrading to a major release of any GFI product (for example, from version 10 to 11) usually requires updating your license key through the GFI Accounts Portal. However, upgrading to a minor release (for example, from version 10.1 to 10.5) does not require updating to a new license key to continue using the product.
Having a valid software maintenance agreement (SMA) will be required for the free version upgrade. If your license does not have a valid SMA, you will not have the option for the free version upgrade. Contact your authorized reseller to update your SMA, if required.
Follow these steps to update license keys to the current version:
- Log into the GFI Accounts Portal.
Navigate to your license key.
- Select the key you want to update by selecting the ellipsis to the right of the key and select details.
- Click on the gear located in the upper right corner, then select upgrade.
- Click on Free version upgrade if you have a valid SMA. This option allows you to update to a new license key for free.
Note: The screenshot example below shows a free version upgrade option for GFI FaxMaker.
- Click Confirm to upgrade the key to the latest version, in this case, FaxMaker version 20. Select Cancel if you are currently not ready to upgrade the key yet.
Once complete, you will see the new version located in the upper left. The key which is blocked for security reasons in the screenshot, will be different than the previous key. Ensure to copy the key to store for your records and use in the software when upgrading to the current version.